Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Unit 4

The Loving Kindness exercise was different.  First I was a little freaked out by the voice of the lady.  It sounded mechanical and a little scary.  Once I got past that then I could focus.  It's hard for me to find a time to have peace and quiet in my house.  It's also hard for me to turn off my brain to focus on things like this.  I found it difficult to do the breathing in suffering and breathing out health.  It made me just want to pray for these people I am thinking about.  Since prayer is usually were my focus is.  I did feel more relaxed at the end of the session.  I will continue to try it more and more and see if I get better at it.

A mental workout is doing just what I did.  Making you mind focus on what you want it to not just dealing with the random thoughts that always come in.  Research shows that those that tame their mind or strengthen it with mental workouts use more of their brains.  Doing these exercises on a regular basis would help me to focus better.  The first few times it's always difficult to do new things but just like anything, the more you practice the better you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment