Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Unit 5

The subtle mind exercise was a lot more enjoyable than the loving kindness.  I found the loving kindness one to be kind of weird but this one was relaxing.  It was very difficult for me to keep my mind on what I wanted it to.  I would often start thinking about the 50 million things I could be doing instead of just sitting and listening to my breathing. lol  I also had to fight off thought off...."This is boring" and refocus.  My noisy kids and the phone ringing didn't help either.  I never realized when you are trying to focus that everything itches! lol! I was trying to figure out a time when my house would be quiet and that only time would be when my kids are asleep.  They get up before I do so it can't be in the morning and if I try to do this in the evening I will fall asleep.  I enjoyed the exercise though.  I think I only flirted with the witnessing mind and could get to the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment