The Integral Assessment was eye opening. I think that psychospiritual is the area in which need growth and development for me. I was focusing on my I am lazy or will procrastinate everything. This will cause me stress because when I have to do things last minute, on a deadline I am stressed out and will find myself with neck and shoulder pain or forget to eat and then get headaches. It's a vicious cycle. I realized that I am lazy not because I have a lack of drive but it's because of fear of failure. I want to be perfect at everything I do (which I know there is no such thing). If I don't think I have enough time or the ability to do it perfectly I just won't do it. Or I will put it off until I have to. I kick myself in the but every week and wish that I was more organized but I am not. I used to be major competitive and that would keep me driven but I know that's not very good for you either.
I think the exercises I am going to implement to help me is one reading my bible every day. My strength comes from God, not me. When I keep my focus on Him I can accomplish anything. I am also going to do the breathing exercises like the subtle mind one, I like that one. I NEED to train my mind to be quiet. I think since I am constantly thinking about all the things I need to do, I overwhelm myself and give up before I start. I also want to try running without my Ipod and just focus on my breathe and prayer while I run. I used to do this when I went for walks and had wonderful conversations with God. Don't know why I stopped.
Hey Tonia,
ReplyDeleteOnce again we are very similar in our thoughts of this unit. I did however like the loving kindness, it made me think back on how much I do do for everyone around me. I guess I am just the kind of person that doesn't say no. :). But that is not a bad thing, I still get my work done too. I agree with you that when we run outside it is beautiful to listen to what is around us,this also helps to open up the heart and mind to the universe around us. This can help with our universal approach to thought as well. I think you know what has to be done, it is all the matter of doing it, and YOU CAN DO IT :).. You have the strength